Unpacking your suitcase = Untapping their potential.
Untapped Shores International equips travelers like you to “Give Back as You Go™”. Whether you’re traveling five miles down the road, or 5,000 miles overseas, you can untap your inner humanitarian and bolt on a mini mission trip to your existing travel itinerary that allow you to forever change a community in exchange for just 80 minutes of your time. You’ll do this by dropping off our flagship product, the handheld Pure Shores™ Unit, with our trusted local non-profit partners sometime during your vacation or business trip.
One solar-powered device, three amazing purposes:
1. Creates enough safe drinking water for up to 2,000 people per day
2. Creates a cleaning and sanitation co-product that prevents the spread of infectious diseases such as ebola, typhoid, cholera, and dysentery.
3. Creates an opportunity for entrepreneurial women and children to sell the clean water and hygiene co-products as a sustainable income-generating activity.
YOU MAY BE WONDERING… How do I take a volunteer vacation?
If you are going on a trip and want to add in a rewarding volunteer experience while you’re on the road, simply follow this 6-step process to make it happen:
1) CONTACT. Let Untapped Shores know that you are interested in Giving Back as You Go™. You tell us your travel dates and specific destination, as well as an 80-minute timeslot you will be free for a charity experience during your vacation or business trip.
2) CONNECT. We interview many non-profit organization executives based in your final destination until we find one that is safe, credible, and accountable enough to find a home for your unit with an entrepreneurial woman or child nearby or at your hotel.
3) LEARN. If you can mix salt into a cup of water, and pour that cup of water through a funnel, then you have all the technical skills you need to create the chlorine purifying agent. No medical or scientific expertise required! Untapped Shores will ship you the unit and then train you to be a Travel Ambassador trainer in 30 minutes or less, either in person or via Skype call.
4) TRAVEL. Before you depart, an Untapped Shores concierge will give you all the details you need to connect with the locals and drop off the unit. Carve out just 80 minutes of your trip to spend enjoying this unique volunteer experience, then you’re able to quickly get back to your beach or boardroom.
4) TRAIN. You choose whether you prefer to meet the friendly locals in your own hotel lobby/café, or go off-site to the orphanage, school, or hospital you will be supporting. You demonstrate how to use the unit and teach the women and children simple business principles so they can create a sustainable income. You’ll be surprised that the real blessing lies in the authentic, gratitude-infused experience you’ll have when you connect with locals in a way that no resort or office ever could give you in your destination.
6) TRACK. Untapped Shores provides 12 months of active support and a product warranty of 10 years to enable the women and children enough time to troubleshoot, deploy, and grow their water and sanitation kiosk businesses, while you get to continue sharing friendships across oceans that will last a lifetime.
Where can I do this?
You are eligible to bring a Pure Shores unit with you in your luggage if you are traveling to anywhere in the world that may be vulnerable to the following conditions:
We are hard-pressed to think of a community which couldn’t use one of these as part of either their immediate poverty alleviation efforts, or disaster preparedness supply strategy.See where other travelers have gone